Food and Lodging in Granville
The Buxton Inn
In 1812, Orrin Granger, a pioneer from Granville, Massachusetts, built "The Tavern" on land that was purchased in 1806. That tavern, now known as "The Buxton Inn," has operated continuously since that date in 1812. It is Ohio's oldest continuously-operated inn in its original building. The Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Inn operated as Granville's first post office and as a stagecoach line on the line between Columbus and Newark.
The Inn has been expanded into a carefully and lovingly restored complex of four buildings that offer 25 lodging rooms filled with antiques. The Inn also offers seven dining areas, elegant gardens and cascading fountains.
The contact information for the Buxton Inn is provided below:
The Granville Inn
In 1923, John Sutphin Jones, a coal and railroad magnate and owner of the Bryn Du Mansion and the Granville Golf Course at the time, commissioned the construction of The Granville Inn in the Jacobethan Revival style on the former site of the Granville Female College, which closed its doors in 1898. The stone and half-timber structure was designed by Frank L. Packard, a prominent Columbus architect. All of the sandstone was quarried at Bryn Du.
According to the newspapers of the time, the Inn's opening on June 26, 1924 was attended by as many as 5000 people.
The Inn, located in the heart of Granville, offers a full-service restaurant and pub, 27 traditional guest rooms and three suites, along with banquet, meeting and catering services.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Inn’s old-world charm, hand cut oak paneling, native sandstone and rural hospitality make it a place for great escapes.
The contact information for the Granville Inn is provided below:
The following are links to other food and lodging establishments within the Village or nearby in Granville Township:
Restaurants and Food Shops